Saturday, February 3, 2018

How I Design a Scrapbook Page

Today I thought I would show you how I design a page. I have been lucky enough to have four of my designs published in a Scrapbook Magazine. It has been two years now since I have designed anything to be published, but this year will once again try and get my pages published. Although this design I am showing you today I can not take full credit for. The Fence at the back of the photo was Inspired by Pinterest.
  • Make a rough design on a piece paper of a page I think I would like.
  • Pick out the photo I want to scrap. Decide if I want it Coloured or Black and White
  • Pick the papers to match my photo. Sometimes this can take some time but I believe you must have the right colours for your photo. I can spend up to 2 hours trying to get the right colours. Cut the paper and cardstock to the measurements I require. Distress the edges and Ink them if this is the technique you are looking for.
  • Then on my Scrapbooking Mat I start to assemble the page. Piece by piece. Starting with the background and working forwards. Placing the pieces of paper where I think they would look good.
  • Once I have the background done and the photo placed on my layout. I decide what embellishments I would like on the page and where I am going to place. Embelllishments must also be right for my photo. If am making flowers etc. I make them and ink them to the colour required before I place on my page. Do any fine tuning to any embellishments I am using.   
  • I keep a Plastic container next to me where I place everything I have used on the layout. When my layout is finished I return all the products back to their places.          
At this stage I have an assembled page. The only thing to do now is to attach everything to my Layout. Here is a photo of a page I am doing at the moment.

Note: Many times my page does not look like the rough design I started off with.

Layout ready to be assembled.


My Plastic Container with all products used on the page.

 My page has a lot of work to be done to it yet a lot of fine tuning, as when I look at it there is a lot more inking and distressing I need to do. I will post a photo of the page when it is finished.

Hope this helps you with designing your own scrapbooking pages. It is a lot of fun.

Until Next Time
Kerry




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for Email Notifications of New Posts

Grab my button!

My latest pins

My latest Instagrams

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews